MSL Duties of the CoachBefore the first game:
- Have all player ID cards, up-to-date & signed.
- Make sure you have a contact list for your division. If you don’t, ask for one.
- The home team must contact (by phone) the opposition by Thursday before the game to confirm time and venue.
- If you have not been contacted by the home team by Thursday contact them to confirm game and report to your League rep .that there was no phone call
- If you are using a player on Permit have the permit fill as per rules
- Make sure your field is ready well before game time, nets, lines etc.
- It is the home team that supplies the assistant referees, check with your assignor
- Make up team list with names, shirt and BC ID numbers (see template) and have your representative e-mail this to Peter Price email@example.com before first league game
At the game:
Have 2 copies of the team list for the referee, with Name of opponents and Venue, and signed by the coach. And all permits for any call up players add to team list (you must use template)
Name of players Suspended or injured should remain on list with a line though and notation of reason for not playing
Pay the Referee and Assistants before the game or at half time that is your responsibility.
Referee Fees for 2012/13 season =U18 $50.00 U16 $45.00.U15 $45.00 U14 $40.00 U13 $40.00
- Be in control of your players, parents and supporters. Teams will receive fines for inappropriate behavior.
- After the game, report the score to Club scorekeeper. The score should be reported no later than 5:00 pm on the day of the game.(604-941-0964)
- Game report, Must be filed on line Boys is http://marinersfc.ca/mslboys_game_reports.htm
And all areas must be completed. Teams failing to file report will be subject to fines
What not to do:
Do not cancel any games without checking the procedures set out in the MSL Rules
- There are fines levied against the team that do not follow procedures.
- Do not reschedule any games without permission of the league scheduler.
- If times or venues have to change you must inform the league scheduler, the league referee scheduler, and your opponents. (BY PHONE) ASAP
Make up any cancel games as soon as possible and inform the referee and league scheduler.
At the end of the league scheduler, the scheduler will schedule any outstanding games.
All players sent off (red card) must sit out your next league game and then attend a discipline hearing,
Discipline hearings are held at 6501 Sprott Street Burnaby 6.00 pm on Thursday’s
(Burnaby 8 Rinks – use the Skate entrance)
NOTE If a player on a traveling team is red carded the Referee is not to keep the card
the coach is responsible for handing the card in to the discipline office